4 8 15 16 23 42


Photobucket

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

LOST: Happily Ever After

OH MY GOD! Did I just figure Lost out? Did they just give us a huge chunk of what we need to know??!! We got Desmond, Charlie AND Daniel tonight all in one episode!! I am such a happy girl.

Desmond episodes always give us so much information. My brain is kind of on overload. So let me start at the beginning. Widmore has come to the island and brought Desmond so Des can be exposed to another electromagnetic event. Charles must have figured out that Des moves through time or consciousness whenever he's exposed to the island's huge pockets of electromagnetic activity. As Desmond gets blasted in the scary box, he moves to the sideways timeline.

In the sideways timeline, Desmond has just landed in LA. He meets Claire and predicts she will have a boy. Looks like some of Desmond's psychic ability is back. We find out he works for Widmore (who's office is now based in LA, not London and who's office artwork is balanced scales now and not the big scary polar bear piece) and he is picked up by George (who we first saw on the freighter in season 4). Desmond meets up with Charlie. YAY Charlie! I'm so glad we found out why Charlie was so mad when Jack saved his life. It's because he was seeing Claire in a vision/near death experience or whatever you want to call it. Several things Charlie told Desmond seemed to be really significant. He asked if Des had experienced "conscious-altering love." He also said he had seen the truth and that when he saw Claire it was as if they had always been and always will be. Desmond thinks "there's always a choice, brother" so he doesn't take Charlie seriously. Charlie has to show Desmond the truth, so Charlie drives the car in the water. This is when things start to get really good. I loved the moment when Desmond flashed and saw/remembered Charlie's hand with "Not Penny's boat" written on it. When Desmond is put in the MRI (more electromagnetism), he has more flashes of Penny. Love it!

In the hospital, Charlie runs away and yells that "None of this matters." This sideways timeline is just a means to an end. In this timeline, the Oceanic passengers have whatever it is they think they wanted. Ms.Hawking/now Mrs.Widmore tells Des that he has what he wanted, which is Widmore's approval. Yes, he has Widmore's approval and money and a good job, but at what cost? He doesn't have love and doesn't even yet realize what he is missing out on. Eloise seems to recognize Desmond when he introduced himself to her. Just like in the original island timeline, Eloise won't help Desmond get what he wants. She won't let him see the party guest list (yet another Lost list, like with the Others and Jacob) with Penny on it. She wants him to stop looking for whatever he's looking for. I think she's trying to stop Desmond this time because Daniel is alive in this timeline and she wants to keep it that way. If Des changes something she may lose her son once again.

Daniel Faraday/now Widmore manages to stop Desmond before he can leave. Just like in the island timeline, Daniel helps Des. I was so happy to have Daniel back. I love love love love him!! I think he is a flipping genius. He has realized that maybe this wasn't supposed to be their lives and that they did something to change it. "I think I already did" set off a nuclear bomb. He tells Des that Penny is his half-sister and where Des can find her. I love Daniel because he knows all and fixes all. He doesn't work against people like his crazy mom! Now Desmond and Penny can be reunited yet again!

Des finds Pen running at the stadium where he met Jack in "another life, brother." As soon as he touches her hand, he flashes back to the island. His "unique talent," as Widmore put it, is what is going to save them all. Des is ready to follow through with Widmore's plan now. Then Sayid comes along ninja style, kills some dude and tells Desmond to come with him. Is this part of Des and Charles' plan? To get Des over to Flocke's side so he can get his castaway friends back?

Desmond flashes back to sideways time and Penny seems to recognize him. They agree to meet for coffee (I bet it's the same coffee shop where he met Libby so long ago.) I totally teared up because I am such a sucker for Desmond and Penny. I love them so much! When Des gets back in the limo, he asks George to get him the manifest of all the Oceanic 815 passengers. Desmond "needs to show them something." Des is going to save the day!!

Lost is all about love. Darlton has said that the heart of the show has always been a love story. So here is Desmond's mission: he has to reunite every Oceanic 815 passenger with their constant in the sideways timeline. I bet this means Sawyer will end up with Juliet (because Jack will end up with Kate or Kate will die and Jack will be the new Jacob) and they'll go on their dutch coffee date. Gross. So the sideways timeline exists so Desmond can get everyone with who they are supposed to be with. It exists because they decided to detonate the nuclear bomb, but it didn't make things any better. It's just more things that needs to be corrected. Does Desmond have to get everyone off island to have a near death experience to make them see their loved one? Or does he just have to help them remember what happened when the plane crashed? When everyone gets with who they are supposed to be with will it just create a new timeline? Or will the timelines come together? Or will one of the timelines just cease to exist altogether? Will Des have to remind Team Flocke of who they are supposed to be with too? I love that Desmond will play a major factor in saving the day!!

I am so pumped the story is finally picking up. I cannot believe there are only 5 episodes and the series finale left. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. Next week is a Hurley episode. YAY! Although I don't know if anything can top the triple treat of Desmond, Daniel and Charlie!

7 comments:

  1. Ok.
    I am 100% in agreement with you on how it’s going to end.

    Before you even text me last night I was like “he’s going to do what Charlie did to him to everyone else!” and that would be a means to an end for the two timelines so I vote “YES!” on this theory.

    But I still don’t understand about everything else BEFORE that.
    It’s like we now how to fix it – but are we going to get to find out why in the first place?!?!? There are a MILLION questions I have that are not answered by finding out what we did last night – so I hope they remember to answer them and not just fix it from here.

    Unfortunately – Phillip and Joey think LOST time = story time so I missed some stuff (which is why I franticly text you thinking Charlie was Widmore’s son).
    Did he predict Claire would have a boy? I heard him ask her what she was having and saying he wouldn’t be able to wait but must have missed his prediction.

    *Widmore seems to have a more Australian accent in this timeline … is that just me?
    *When Charlie crashed the car into the water I was like “OMG – he’s going to die by drowning just like before!!” And I also predicted he was going to do the hand thing too. When he did it I screamed out of excitement and scared Bella!
    *As soon as he said “All that matters is that we felt it” I knew we were going to get a HUGE answer. I’ve said time and time before I didn’t think the timeline was necessarily happening or that something was “off” about it … I am SO glad because sometimes it’s really sad and I don’t like it.
    *I was super excited to see Daniel and LOVE LOVE LOVE him. I hope we get to see some more of him – although I’m not holding my breath. I think we might have seen what we needed to from him already
    *I knew Sayid was faking his loss of ninja-ness. Joey was really excited to see him kick ass.
    *If Kate ends up with anyone I’ll throw something at the TV. I want her to DIE! Like an awfully painful death. I’m hoping Claire skins her or something terrible like that.

    I’m with you on not really knowing what to expect as it comes to an end. I believe he can show them on the island – but am not sure exactly how it’s going to end … Are they going to get to go home? When they do will it pick up as of now? Will Claire have lost that time with Aaron? Will Jin make it to see his kiddo?!?!?! AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I LOVE the GENIUS Daniel, not this musician Daniel! And to think I've dated mainly musicians! ha! I should totally move to Oxford and date someone there instead! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love reading your posts - your excitement is infectious!

    I agree that we've finally been let in on a big secret and that Desmond is the key to everything. And I loved the episode - really. But what I struggle with is that we've had all this secrecy. And now, all of a sudden, people are just so willing to give it all up so quickly! Is that because people in the sideways timeline are starting to sense their island-timeline lives? Or is it because we just need to hurry and get to all the answers out there and wrap up the show?

    I'm not disaapointed, per se. I mean, I did want this season to be all about answers. But it just feels so oddly different from previous seasons when we just kept waiting and waiting. What am I complaining for? :-)

    Anyway, I think that Jack will end up being the new Jacob. Kate's had a much smaller role this season, so I see her being one of those killed off. What I'm struggling with trying to predict is what happens to Sayid and Flocke? And what about Hurley? Oh wait, maybe he's the new Jacob, since he's the one the spirits seem to talk to.

    Oh boy! I just know that it's fun and exciting to watch each week, and I can't wait to see how it all wraps up. Hope we're not disapointed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, this was exactly what I was thinking this morning when I watched. Desmond is going to fix everything!!!

    Amanda S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda - Yeah, they probably won't ever tell us why all this happened to begin with. I guess we are to assume everyone was brought to the island to see if they qualified to be candidates.
    As Desmond was walking away from Claire, he said,"A boy. I bet it's a boy." Tell J & P to shut up! And turn your closed captioning on.

    I think Widmore's always had an Australian accent. I was afraid Charlie was going to die again too. I also can't figure out what happens for people who's constants are dead (Hurley = Libby and Claire = Charlie.) Sayid may still be a ninja, but he's still jacked up from Flocke. Ha ha ha Skinning Kate! I think Claire will end up with Aaron. Some people will get to go home. Jack will probably stay on the island or die.. Maybe he'll die. I think Jin will die. We probably won't get any more Daniel, but I am so glad we got some!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Yesi, yep, Genius Daniel is better than Musician Daniel. Either way I freakin' LOVE him!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Karie, I think it's because the writers realized "Oh crap, the show is about to end. Let's cram everything in there!!"
    I think Jack will become the new Jacob too. I do not see him leaving the island. Ben even told him before he came back to the island that he would never be able to get off the island and Jack seemed ok with that. Maybe Kate will die b/c they're going to put Sawyer with juliet (UGH!) so Kate won't really be needed. I think Sayid will either die or be cured of his claimedness when someone (probably Des) kills Flocke. I think Hurley will get off the island and get a happy ending b/c everyone loves him and wants him to be happy.

    I heard a theory that Widmore brought Desmond to the island b/c he is the only one who can defeat Flocke b/c Des is able to sustain large amounts of electromagnetic activity.. Makes sense to me.

    P.S. It's killing me that Lost and Glee will be on at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete