4 8 15 16 23 42


Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

LOST: The Package

Whew.. I really want this whole Lost story to go differently. I have no idea what this episode accomplished. I was happy that Desmond appeared. But come on, I realized he was behind that sub door two weeks ago when we first saw it. (Or I thought maybe it was Ji Yeon.) It always kills me when the "big reveal" of the episode is underwhelming. Oh and how annoying was the stupid V countdown on the bottom right hand side of the screen??! I don't watch V, ABC, so make it go away!

I am sick of the sideways timeline. I want it to be gone. Sun and Jin weren't married yet in this one and had to hide their love. It seems Sun's dad is a jerkface in either timeline. We found out how Jin got in Keamy's fridge and what happened after Sayid found Jin. The only cool part of this timeline was that good old Other one-eyed Mikhail appeared. It was pretty badass when Jin shot Mikhail in the eye. That's for killing Charlie, you bastard! My main problem with the sideways stories is that the stories are never completed in that given hour. This is frustrating because that means the story will have to be completed in another episode. In another episode that could be giving us answers to amazing island and original Lost questions. I want everything to be wrapped up in a big pretty bow and it just doesn't seem like that is going to happen. Cool question that Yesenia posed tonight - Could the sideways timeline have happened before the plane crashed? I don't have an explanation for how this would work, but it seems like a cool idea. After all, we did see Mikhail lose his eye..

Meanwhile back on the island, we still didn't get a Kwon reunion. There was some cool stuff happening over here though. I loved the moment when Jin saw the pics of Ji Yeon (this was also super nice of Widmore). I started crying like a baby. Now I'm afraid Jin is going to die before he can get back to Sun. It was super awesome to see Room 23 (where Alex, Sawyer and Kate rescued Karl in season 3) and the crazy brainwashing stuff. - "We are the causes of our own suffering." I have to say as a Lost fan I relate to this. I suffer from frustration because I cannot stop watching this show, which cause me immense aggravation, therefore causing my own suffering! AAH!! - It was good to have Richard back with a plan. Now that Flocke has gone to speak to Widmore, it seems the battle is about to begin. Widmore seems like he is a good guy, even though he had Jin kidnapped. He doesn't want MIB to get off the island. Guess he'll be working Alpert just like the good old days.

This episode echoed so many moments from past episodes. Sun in her garden again, Sun only being able to speak Korean but understanding English (like Jin in the early seasons), Sun having to write down things like Locke in season 3 when he couldn't talk after the hatch blew, Sayid leaving Jin to wiggle out of the tape like when Locke left Boone all tied up or anytime Kate has been stuck in some dang handcuffs, Jack promising another promise that he probably can't keep, Widmore demanded "the package" from the sub just like Ben demanding "the man from Tallahassee," the gang being attacked with darts and someone getting dragged off... How very Other.

I do have a love/hate relationship with Lost. I love that it always leaves me wanting more. I hate that it always leaves me wanting more. At least the show always gets a reaction out of me. Even when the show disappoints me, I anxiously await the following Tuesday because I continue to have hope in the show. Next week is a Desmond episode. My heart is singing because Des episodes are among my favorite. "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant" are both filled with OMG moments. Here's hoping our last Desmond episode gives some big answers! Des and Penny can't disappoint!

9 comments:

  1. Great Blog Amanda!!! Last nights episode was just a bore. OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the Des!!!

    I don't think that the sideways were before the plane crash. I say this for a couple of reasons: They have mentioned NUMEROUS times that they are on flight 815. The easter egg things keep saying "This is not a flash back or a flash forward this is a flash sideways." Which to me means alternate timeline. Plus, the islanders would have already known each other before if they worked together ... like Sawyer and Miles?

    I'm hoping that they pull this sideways thing in somehow.

    Like I mentioned yesterday in a comment. I'm wondering if this alternate reality is what would happen if the man in black did get off the island. Like, everything SEEMS all cool but then everyone has a little evil in them? I just think that there is some kind of a significance to the island being sunk and it being the "cork" that holds everything in. Corks don't sink ... so if it isn't a cork anymore, maybe that's why it's underwater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find that so disappointing. I don’t understand how someone can watch a show this deep and NOT get things like that. I’m always surprised when people at work the next day are tripping out because they “finally found out what was in the room!” But yea – Desmond’s BIG reveal was a bummer. Jus like when Jack found out Claire was his sister “HELLO – How did you NOT see that coming?!?!?”

    I – like Rachel – don’t believe they’re beforehand. I think it’s SUPER cool we saw Mikhail loose his eye – but I just think there are some things that have to happen to people. Maybe Mikhail lost his eye on the island but when they re-set everything he still had his eye and so he had to loose it in another way?
    I’m still shady on what I think – but I definitely think it’s a decent theory.

    I’ve also got to make mention – in the enhanced episode last week at 7 there was a pop-up that said “This is neither a flash back or forward, but a side time line that shows what WOULD HAVE HAPPENED if the plan had landed”. I don’t think that’s a wording mistake. Now there’s something in my mind saying that this is the WHAT IF – not another universe/time line/whatever.

    I did think it was super cool how it tied into Sayid’s time line though.
    I HATED that they weren’t married. As soon as she signed into the hotel as Peck (sp) I freaked out!

    I’m really disappointed because I don’t think they’re going to end up together. I think they’ll reunite – but one of them is going to die on the island or they wont end up together in the STL. I DO NOT want this to happen – but when whoever it was told Jin “some people just aren’t meant to be together” I just had this feeling that was foreshadowing.

    Here’s one thing I want to know.
    What in the hell does Ol’ Dessy have to do with Sawyer?
    I assume there’s something there because FLocke was PISSED at Sawyer when he found out about him.
    And if Sawyer had already told FLocke something was there and he didn’t know what then it’s not that FLocke thinks he knew about Desmond and didn’t tell him – I think Desmond must have some connection or something to Sawyer and THAT’S why he’s pissed now.

    Either way – I want to know ASAP.
    Desmond’s cool and all – but what in the hell does he have that would make FLocke scared/worried/whatever?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Rachel! That makes sense about a cork not being able to sink. I could see the timeline being what happens if MIB is released. The before thing was just a random thought. You know I always go off on crazy Lost tangents. Ha ha I just really hope they resolve the sideways thing in a super cool way.

    I don't think Sun and Jin are going to end up together either. When Jin got to see the pics of Ji Yeon, I immediately began crying and said "He's gonna die. I know it." That's why he got to at least see a picture of his daughter because he's never going to meet her. He is going to sacrifice himself for Sun or something. I really hope not, but I could see it happening. I also think Sawyer is going to die too.

    When everyone got hit with the darts and Flocke returned in the morning and everyone was still passed out, part of me was wanting them all to be dead. Then we could just be done with their part of the story!

    I don't think Flocke had or has any idea who/what was in that room. I think he was pissed b/c just like he told Sawyer last night, he doesn't like secrets. Also I think some John Locke was coming through and he was remembering and getting pissed about Anthony Cooper showing up in a room on the island. I think Des is back just because he has more work to do on the island. Maybe he'll be the only one who can stop MIB. Because Desmond rocks!

    I saw a 45 second clip of next week's episode and think maybe Desmond will be like Ms.Hawking in the sideways timeline - able to know what is going to and is supposed to happen and able to help with it.
    At the end of last night's episode, did Desmond not recognize Sayid? It also looked like he didn't have his wedding ring on. He did have bandages on his right arm and it looked like a bandage under his shirt. That makes sense because Des was just shot by Ben and has been in the hospital. Looks like Widmore's people jacked him there.

    P.S. I read a spoiler about someone who will be back next week and I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!!! Thank you, LOST!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.P.S. I can't believe you forgot your boyfriend Keamy's name, Amanda Gayle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O GIRL!
    I did NOT forget my boyfriend’s name.
    I forgot he was the one who said it.
    Blasphemy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? Keamy is super creepy! Not to mention a bad guy! tut tut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Keamy too. Something about the way he talks. Also, who doesn't love a bad guy?

    Amanda S.

    ReplyDelete