4 8 15 16 23 42


Photobucket

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LOST: What They Died For

Well, Lost was actually good tonight, so I'll give the old blog another shot. I read what happened in the tonight's episode before I watched. The episode was shown last week in LA and the synopsis was posted on a website. And I have been so disappointed by this season that I've been reading spoilers. I know it makes me a bad Lost fan, but that is what disappointment has done to me. (I've also read four pages of the finale script. Oops!) That being said, the episode turned out much better than I thought it would.

Island world had a lot of stuff going on. I'm very bummed that Richard Alpert is dead. I assume he didn't survive Flocke's smokey attack. Ben's dumb ass is proving himself to the bad guy that I have always thought he was. I hope when he tries to murder the remaining Losties, he gets killed instead. I've hated Ben from day one. It was pretty cool when Flocke took out Tina Fey wannabe. I really enjoyed the question and answer scene the gang had with Jacob. I'm also glad Jack is the one to take over Jacob's job. It's a nice turn to see the island's resident man of science become the new man of faith. Plus I didn't want Hurley or Sawyer to be stuck on the island and I am still hoping Kate gets murdered. I wonder where the heck Desmond has run off to. As long as he is ok, I guess that is all that matters.

I actually really liked the Sideways timeline tonight too. That could have been because I got to see Des beat up Ben once again (putting his arm back in a sling, just like before the Ajira flight 316) or because I got to see my beloved Rousseau again. A nice, normal well adjusted Danielle Rousseau at that! I teared up when Locke went to visit Jack and told him he would let Jack do the surgery on him. Sideways Locke has found original Locke's faith. I love it! My favorite part of the episode was the jail breakout! How perfect was it that Hurley and Desmond (with Ana Louhoa's help) got Sayid and Kate free?! Also it looke like all Hurley's island memories have come back. He recognized Ana Louhoa. So it seems everyone will be meeting up at the concert next week. Desmond is going to save the day!!

I can't believe this whole crazy show will be over in less than a week. I'm excited and sad all at the same time. I just hope the ending doesn't disappoint me too much. I'm sure I left out a million important things, so what were your favorite moments of tonight's Lost?

P.S. Yesenia, Rachel and I are going to be in a Lost trivia contest Saturday afternoon. We can have up to 6 team members. It costs $5 to play. Anyone interested??

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed tonight's episode as well. I've told Aaron that I don't want to talk about Lost this week until after the finale. We're so close and I'm tired of the "are we going to get this answer ... or please tell me it's not going to happen like this ..." questions that we've been having.

    Um, I don't think that Richard CAN die right? -Shrug-
    I was fine with Jacob's reasoning behind scratching Kate's name off the list because she became a mother. But, shouldn't he have scratched Kwon's (both) name off as well? They were parents??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this trivia contest going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude you guys totally missed it! last night at select Cinemark Theaters, about 600 across US and Canada, hosted a live New York Times 2.5hr Q&A interview with Jorge Garcia, Michael Emerson, Damon Lindelof, and Carlton Cuse. We got to see a four min clip of Sunday's finale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach, I'm probably going to do a 5 favorite Lost episodes post. Then I'll do a final post of the finale on Monday. I'm trying to watch all of season 6 again before Sunday.

    I'm hoping Richard didn't die too. Maybe he can be killed by MiB though since Richard isn't a candidate and Jacob is dead. Idk.. I'm thinking the Kwon on the list may have been Ji Yeon?

    Forrest, the contest is here in Houston, but it turns out we're not going to be able to do it. :(
    Oh man! I can't believe I didn't know about that Lost interview. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the questions from the trivia game. We would have freaking ROCKED it. Seriously.

    OO. I should do a five favorite Lost episodes post soon too! How awesome. I'm waiting for your finale post. I posted one on my blog.

    ReplyDelete